Economics is often described as the study of how individuals, groups, societies make or should make choices when resources are scarce. The concepts and tools of economic analysis are increasingly used in a variety of fields such as management science or political science, government, law, or international relations.
The purpose of the Undergraduate Economics Program at Sabancı University is to provide students with a rigorous foundation in economic theory and its applications. The program is structured to serve a range of interests: For students interested in a deeper exposure to economic science, the program offers higher-level courses and orientation for graduate study. For students who aim to serve as professional economists in the private or the public sector, the program develops skills necessary for macro or sectoral economic analysis and for the evaluation, formulation, implementation of monetary, fiscal, or regulatory policies. For students who want to pursue careers in business and management, the program offers coursework on strategic analysis and topics such as accounting, finance, marketing.
The Undergraduate Economics Program provides students with a rigorous foundation in economic theory and its applications. All students receive a solid basic background in humanities, sciences, and mathematics. The economics program is structured to serve a range of interests. Students may concentrate on policy analysis and evaluation, follow a business and management orientation by taking courses in strategy, finance, and marketing or an academic orientation by focusing on theory and mathematics.
Common Outcomes of Bachelor's Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values, and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship, and engage in life-long learning in various subjects.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical, and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team, and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Common Outcomes of Bachelor of Arts Programs in Social Sciences:
- Develop knowledge of theories, concepts, and research methods in humanities and social sciences.
- Assess how global, national, and regional developments affect society.
- Know how to access and evaluate data from various sources of information.
Program Specific Outcomes of Bachelor of Arts in Economics:
- Provide constructive analysis of economic phenomena at the national and international level, and interactions between the two.
- Develop an understanding of organizations and institutions in the society as well as their influence on the economy.
- Recognize how incentives shape the behavior of individuals and organizations.
- Identify “economic” problems and propose alternative models and/or design and conduct research to provide viable solutions using theoretical tools and/or quantitative methods.
- Communicate problems and solutions to managerial and policy decision-making units as well as to lay audiences.
At SU, students have the chance to choose their majors after their first or second academic year. This allows students to decide what program to study at university with greater understanding about higher education and about their own academic and career interests and talents.
Medium of Instruction and Language Proficiency
The medium of instruction at Sabancı University is English. All undergraduates are required to take the Sabancı University English Language Assessment Exam (ELAE). Students who pass this exam begin their undergraduate programs while those who do not meet the standards of English language proficiency enroll into School of Languages. School of Languages is the English prep school where students learn English for one semester or one year depending on their English proficiency level.
The students who can certify that they have passed one of the national and/or international foreign language examinations at a level determined by the university are entitled to begin undergraduate programs. Please visit our website to learn more about accepted exams and scores for prep school exemption: https://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/faculties-programs-exemption-exams
International Students may directly apply to undergraduate programs offered at Sabancı University. Students who are in the last year of high school or graduated from a school equivalent to Turkish high schools may apply to undergraduate programs at Sabancı University.
Before online application
You will be asked to upload the following documents, so you need to have scanned versions of each of these ready for upload. Completed applications are reviewed on a continuous basis and you will be informed via e-mail.
All documents regarding the application must be submitted with the online application form. It is required to submit an online application between the dates stated below.
- First Day of Application Period: January 2, 2020
- Last Day for Applications: July 30, 2020 (Online application form will be closed at 16:00 with Turkish time)
Required Documents for Application
- Online Application Form.
- The copy of the exam/diploma result(s) accepted by the University (Sabanci University SAT Code: 7100). Please see the list of accepted exam(s)/Diploma(s) and minimum requirements, here.
- If available, the copy of High School Diploma (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, a notarized translation should also be submitted).
- An official transcript, showing all courses and grades taken in the entire high school education, signed and stamped by the high school authority. (It is required to upload official transcript in the online application form).
- If taken before, a copy of the language proficiency exam scores accepted by Sabancı University. (Not mandatory)
- If available, 1 academic letter of recommendation and Statement of Purpose (Not mandatory)
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
International students have the opportunity to gain admission scholarshipat Sabancı University. Every international candidate who applies to SU is evaluated for a scholarship automatically when they fullfill the application requirements.
Scholarships are merit-based. International students have the chance to win different tier tuition-waiver scholarships such as: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% scholarships. There is also a limited number of dormitory scholarships available at a room for four people.
International Student Applications for Undergraduate Programs
Applications for undergraduate programs are now open. You can reach the application form here.
Follow Us on Social Media
Teave kooli kohta
With science, technology, and social structures advancing day by day, the world needs more qualified individuals who possess the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career anywhere in the world. ... Loe edasi